Art and DesignView Courses
Are you creative and looking to develop your skills in a variety of areas in art, design and media? You will have the opportunity to explore your creative ideas and gain the skills you need to progress at a variety of levels using different mediums, including 2D and 3D crafts, and learn about a vast range of materials, technologies, techniques and processes.
Extend your skills in areas such as drawing, painting, textiles, fashion design, 3D crafts, graphic design, printmaking and sculpture and benefit from the latest technology such as a 3D printer, photography studio and darkroom alongside traditional art methods.
Did you know?
In this region there are around 266 job vacancies per year for Fashion and Product Designers - they earn on average £11.72 per hour.
Why West Cheshire College?
The Art Centre is based at the Ellesmere Port Campus and boasts impressive new facilities including:
- 3D workshop with bandsaws and workbenches, Xerox visualiser, 3D printer, laser cutter and vacuum former industrial-spec sewing machines and embroidery machines
- Potters wheels, kilns and glass kilns
- Photography studio with professional lighting and digital SLR cameras and lenses, suite of Apple Macs for editing and image manipulation
Trips and Activities
At the end of your course you will get the chance to display your artwork at the end-of-year art exhibition which is open to the public. Regular visits are organised to inspire your creativity and include Tate Liverpool, Bluecoat Arts Centre, John Rylands Library, Zap Graffiti Studio and St. George’s Hall.
Most students progress to higher level study at the College either from Level 1 to Level 2 or from Level 2 to Level 3, or progress into employment in the industry into areas such as 3D design, fashion and textiles, theatre, stage design and wardrobe studies, graphics, illustration, animation, product design and fine art.
83% of students on the Foundation Art and Design course progressed into Higher Education and the remaining 17% went into employment. All students who applied to university were offered a place.