Full-time College courses are designed to be flexible to fit around you.
What makes us different?
We provide a supportive, dynamic and exciting environment that will give you the confidence and skills you need. College courses are designed to be flexible to fit around your personal circumstances. We support your learning to make sure you have the best possible experience and get the most out of your time with us.to achieve and even exceed your goals. We want you to enjoy your experience and be prepared for your new career or entry into Higher Education.
You will undertake a Study Programme that will consist of your main qualification, English and maths, enrichment, experiencing the world of work, and other relevant activities. If you are aged 16-17 years your study programme will consist of 540+ hours of academic study including English and maths over 35 weeks. At 18 years of age and over you will be required to undertake 450+ hours of academic study including English and maths over 35 weeks.
Learning with West Cheshire College
- You’ll gain relevant hands-on experience in the workplace
- Career-related visits, guest speakers and residential visits will enhance your industry knowledge
- Maths, English and IT skills are really important to employers so we help everyone develop skills in these areas
- Specialist support is available for all students
- We have the latest high-quality learning resources
- Our highly qualified Information, Advice and Guidance Team can offer impartial advice and guidance on a range of learning opportunities as well as qualified careers advice
- We can help you prepare for work and university - helping you write your CV, application form or personal statement
- To help you be successful we agree milestone targets and review your progress regularly
- We encourage you to set personal challenges and to achieve these
- We encourage students to get involved with fundraising and volunteering projects to enhance their CVs
Our students succeed in getting the jobs they want and many go on to university or Higher Education.